What is Receptionist?
Oration’s Receptionist is designed to do exactly what you’d expect – ask your callers who or which department they’d like to speak with before automatically putting the call through according to their request. Importantly, our virtual receptionist offers two key advantages:
- Customers can seamlessly reach specific staff members in your organisation without relying on a human receptionist to make the connection. If you have a lot of staff who take frequent calls, this means you won’t need a full-time receptionist to handle incoming calls, nor will your customers have to wait on hold before being put through.
- Eliminates traditional tiered menu systems making it so much easier for callers to navigate to the right department. For example, if you have several stores or office locations with multiple departments across each, customers can simply say the department name and Receptionist will put them straight through.
Using Receptionist in your business will enable you to instantly transform the customer experience, reduce frustration for your staff and customers, and re-allocate valuable resources to more productive, revenue-generating work.
How does Oration’s Receptionist work?
Working out exactly which department or person a customer is calling for isn’t always straightforward, but Receptionist is configured to understand the sometimes-complex dialogue steps that are necessary to reach the right outcome. Imagine a scenario where there is more than one staff member with the same name; Receptionist has the capability to ask appropriate follow-up questions to determine the correct person, such as asking the caller “Is that in Sales or Engineering?”.
As a data-driven solution, it’s easy for administrators to provide all the information needed to ensure Receptionist always connects callers with the right person or department. Staff names, departments, locations, and phone numbers can all be loaded from your existing directory systems or be added or updated manually.
What makes Oration different?
With Oration’s Receptionist, all your organisation needs to do is ensure Receptionist is equipped with the correct data to direct callers to the right person or department; everything else is already taken care of before the solution is integrated into your business. For example, Receptionist’s sophisticated built-in technology already knows how to construct the right questions, and when to ask them, to determine the precise person or department the caller is trying to reach.
All of Oration’s cloud-based functions are designed for transparency, so administrators can see where calls are being sent, and why, while giving them the tools to improve success rates – such as highlighting issues upfront and making it easy to update information. Imagine a scenario where callers attempt to reach a staff member using an unknown abbreviated name or nickname; Receptionist will surface this issue and make the task of adding common synonyms to names simple and straightforward, so future calls are handled correctly.
- Reduce average handling times
- Identify and Verify your callers
- Increase uptake to self-service
- Provide targeted banners
- Facilitate a digital channel shift
- Improve agent and customer engagement
- Support speed to competency
Discover our features
Advanced Speech Recognition (ASR) enables natural spoken language to be interpreted and converted into text, so it can be used to apply caller intents and extract information.
By surfacing caller responses to an administrator, ongoing supervised learning helps the ASR system learn how best to match intents with the language used by callers.
Intelligent Call Routing (ICR) ensures huge volumes of calls received by contact centres are quickly matched to the right outcome every time.
Graphical User Interface Dashboard allows contact centres to build and manage different customer journeys and generate insightful reports on the entire call routing solution.